Overview: Apply a template to jump-start your next presentation
By using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, you can apply templates (template: A file or set of files that contains information about the theme, layout, and other elements of a finished presentation.) to structure style and page layout (layout: The arrangement of elements, such as title and subtitle text, lists, pictures, tables, charts, AutoShapes, and movies, on a slide.), and give you a jump-start on a new, blank presentation.
You can apply templates that are built-in to PowerPoint 2007, created by you and then saved to your computer, or downloaded from Microsoft Office Online or third-party Web sites. To download templates from Microsoft Office Online, see the PowerPoint Template categories page.
Apply a template
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click New.
- In the New Presentation dialog box, do one of the following:
- Under Templates, click Blank and recent, Installed Templates, or Installed Themes, click the built-in template that you want, and then click Create.
- Under Templates, click New from existing, locate and then click the other presentation file that contains the template, and then click Create New.
- Under Templates, click My templates, select a custom template that you created, and then click OK.
- Under Microsoft Office Online, click a template category, select a template, and then click Download to download the template from Microsoft Office Online.
Note To view a demo about downloading and applying a template from Office Online, watch the demo below.
Watch a demo: Download and apply a template from Office Online
Top of Page