Do one of the following:
Align objects with a guide
- Drag a guide to position it where you want to align the objects.
If the guides aren't displayed, click Grid and Guides on the View menu and select the Display drawing guides on screen check box.
- Drag each object near the guide so its center or edge automatically aligns with the guide.
Align objects on a grid
By default, any time you draw, resize, or move a shape or other object, it will position or snap to the lines in the grid (grid: A set of intersecting lines used to align objects.). If the grid isn't displayed, click Grid and Guides on the View menu and select the Display grid on screen check box.
- On the Drawing toolbar (toolbar: A bar with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.), point to Draw, and then click Grid and Guides.
- Under Snap to, do one of the following:
- To automatically align objects on a grid, verify that the Snap objects to grid check box is selected.
- To automatically align objects with grid lines that go through the vertical and horizontal edges of other shapes, verify that the Snap objects to other objects check box is selected.
To override the snap-to settings, press ALT as you drag or draw an object.