Add a placeholder to a slide layout to contain content, such as text, pictures, tables, charts, SmartArt graphics, clipart, videos, and more.
- On the View tab, click Slide Master.
- In the left thumbnail pane, click the slide layout that you want to add one or more placeholders to.
The following shows the Title and Content slide layout that contains a placeholder for the title, and another one for any type of content:
- On the Slide Master tab, click Insert Placeholder, and then click the type of placeholder that you want to add.
- Click a location on the slide layout, and then drag to draw the placeholder.
- To add more placeholders to a layout, repeat steps 2 through 4.
- On the Slide Master tab, click Close Master View.
- Do one of the following:
- To reapply the newly-changed layout to an existing slide, in the slide thumbnail list, select the slide, and then on the Home tab, click Layout, and then select the revised layout.
- To add a new slide that contains the layout (with the newly-added placeholders), on the Home tab, click New Slide, and then select the slide revised layout.