Slides that snap from one to the next can be jarring to an audience. If you want the pace of your presentation to feel more controlled and flowing, add transitions between slides. Everything you need is on the Transitions tab.
Add a transition to a slide
- In the Thumbnail Pane, click the slide that you want to apply a transition to. The transition setting dictates how that slide enters and the preceding slide exits – in our example below, if you add a transition to slide 3, it dictates how slide 2 leaves and slide 3 enters.
- On the Transitions tab, find the effect that you want in the Transition gallery. Click the More button to see the entire gallery. Click the effect that you want for that slide and to see a preview.
- Click Transitions > Effect Options to change how the transition occurs – for example, what direction the slide enters from.
- Enter a time at Duration to set how fast the transition goes. Set the number higher to make the transition go slower. For more about transition timing, see Set the speed and timing of transitions.
- Click Preview to see what the transition looks like with all the settings.
Tip If you want all slides in the presentation to transition the same way, click Apply To All in the Timing group.
Remove a transition
Remember that a transition applies to a slide’s entrance, not how it exits. So if you want to remove the exit effects for slide 2, remove the transition from slide 3.
- Click the slide that you want to have no transition. Then on the Transitions tab, in the Transitions gallery, click None.
In our example, if slide 3 has no transition, it appears instantly as slide 2 disappears.