Important notice for users of Office 2003 To continue receiving security updates for Office, make sure you're running Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3). The support for Office 2003 ends April 8, 2014. If you’re running Office 2003 after support ends, to receive all important security updates for Office, you need to upgrade to a later version such as Office 365 or Office 2013. For more information, see Support is ending for Office 2003.
- If you want to apply the change to selected slides only, select the slides in normal view. Otherwise, the change applies to all slides that follow the design template (design template: A file that contains the styles in a presentation, including the type and size of bullets and fonts; placeholder sizes and positions; background design and fill color schemes; and a slide master and optional title master.) of the currently selected slide.
- On the Format menu, click Background.
- Under Background fill, click the arrow below the image, and then do one of the following:
Select a color from the color scheme
- Click one of the eight colors displayed.
Select a color outside the color scheme
- Click More Colors.
- Click the color you want on the Standard tab, or click the Custom tab to mix your own color, and then click OK.
Select a fill effect or picture
- Click Fill Effects, and then do one of the following:
- To use shading, click the Gradient tab, click a type under Colors, click a shading style, and then click OK.
- To use a texture, click the Texture tab, click the texture you want or click Other Texture to select a file and insert it, then click OK.
- To use a pattern, click the Pattern tab, select the pattern you want, select foreground and background colors, then click OK.
- To use a picture, click the Picture tab, click Select Picture to find the picture file you want, click Insert, and then click OK.
Use the background fill from the slide master
- Do one of the following:
- If you want to apply the background to selected slides, click Apply.
- If you want to apply the background to all slides, click Apply to All.