Use this process to modify Microsoft PowerPoint tables. Use the source program's (source program: The program used to create a linked object or embedded object. To edit the object, you must have the source program installed on your computer.) Help for information about modifying tables that were created with another program.
- Select the cells in which you want to add, change, or remove a fill.
Do any of the following:
- To select the next cell, press TAB.
- To select the previous cell, press SHIFT+TAB.
- To select rows, columns, or the entire table, drag across the rows, columns, or the entire table.
- To select a column, click just outside the top border of the column, when the pointer is a down-facing arrow.
- To select a cell, click in the cell.
- On the Drawing toolbar, click the arrow next to Fill Color .
- Do one or more of the following:
Add or change a fill color
Do one of the following:
- To change the fill color back to its default, click Automatic.
- To change to a color in the color scheme, click one of the eight colors below Automatic.
- To change to a color that isn't in the color scheme, click More Fill Colors. On the Standard tab, click the color you want, or click the Custom tab to mix your own color.
Add or change a gradient, patterned, textured, or picture fill
- Click Fill Effects, and then click the Gradient, Texture, Picture or Pattern tab.
- Select the options you want.
Remove a fill