- In Normal view, click the slide that you want to embed a video as a background.
- On the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the arrow under Video.
- To insert a video from your computer or a file share, click Video on my PC.
- In the Insert Video dialog box, locate and click the video that you want to embed, and then click Insert.
Note To embed or link to a video from Office.com Clip Art, Bing, or another online source, go to Embed or link to a video, and then follow step 5 below.
- If necessary, click and drag a corner sizing handle of the video to size it to fit the entire background of the slide.
Tip We suggest picking a video with subtle or slight movement so as not to distract from your message. For example, clouds slowly, blowing in the sky, or the wind blowing grass in one direction.
For more information about other types of slide backgrounds see: