Print preview window
button opens the Print
dialog box, which offers additional choices, such as printing a slide selection.
Click the Print What
list to select the type of printout you want. The type selected here is Slides
Preview of the printout type selected. The Slides
type prints one slide per page.
orientation buttons allow you to select horizontal or vertical page layout.
to do useful things, like choose whether to print in color or black and white and to set headers and footers.
Take a peek at the view that exists solely to help you print things: print preview. Though you may be in the habit of going straight to the Print dialog box, it's worth checking a preview of your slides first.
To open print preview, you click the Print Preview button on the Standard toolbar.
What print preview gives you
- A view of how your slides will look when printed.
- A choice of printout types, including slides, handouts, notes pages, or an outline.
- A choice of page layout orientation.
- The chance to view and change header and footer settings.
- A menu for printing in color, grayscale, or pure black and white.
(As noted at the start of this course, the color commands will be discussed in the next course in this series.)
This lesson will guide you in what to choose for the results you want.