When you validate a rule or a rule set in PerformancePiont Planning Business Modeler, you confirm that the rule uses valid syntax and semantics, and that the application elements are valid. For example, if the rule references a certain dimension, validation confirms that the specified dimension is present in the model that contains the rule.
Important Validation does not correct logical errors in a rule or a rule set, or guarantee that the rule generates correct results.
The following list describes the key relationships between rule validation and rule deployment, and between rule validation and model deployment.
- You cannot deploy a rule unless the rule is manually validated; Planning Business Modeler does not validate rules automatically. For more information about how to deploy a rule, see Deploy rules and variables.
- If a rule references a model property, or variable, that variable must be deployed before you can validate the rule. To deploy a variable, you must Deploy a model.
- You can only validate a rule or a rule set that is in a deployed model.
Validate a rule or rule set
To validate a rule or rule set in Planning Business Modeler:
- In the Model Tasks pane, click Models.
- In the model site workspace, double-click the model that contains the rule that you want to validate.
- Click the Business Rules tab.
- Click the rule or rule set that you want to validate.
- Do one of the following:
View the validation results in the Messages dialog box.
Click OK to close the Messages dialog box .
- On the Actions menu, click Validate Rule Set or Rule.
- Click the Validate the selected rule set or rule icon.
- Right-click the rule, and then click Validate rule set or rule.