You use PerformancePoint Dashboard Designer to create and deploy a dashboard to a Windows SharePoint Services site. After you create your elements, such as scorecards and reports, and assemble them into your dashboard pages, you can publish the dashboard to PerformancePoint Monitoring Server. Then, you can export the dashboard to a SharePoint site where users can view it.
To deploy a dashboard to a SharePoint site, you must have the appropriate permissions in Dashboard Designer and on the SharePoint Services site that you want to use:
- In Dashboard Designer You must have at least Editor permissions in a user security role, or have one of the following server security roles: Creator, Data Source Manager, or Admin.
- In SharePoint Services You must have at least Contributor permissions on the SharePoint site that you want to use.
Finally, it is important to verify that dashboard users have the necessary permissions to view the dashboard pages in SharePoint Services. For more information about security roles in Dashboard Designer, see Understanding roles and permissions in Dashboard Designer.
Note When you first install Dashboard Designer, you specify a SharePoint site to use to deploy your dashboards. During the installation process, Monitoring Server creates a master page on the SharePoint site named PerformancePointDefault.master. Monitoring Server uses that master page to set the layout of the dashboards that you deploy. If your organization plans to deploy dashboards to additional SharePoint sites or subsites (in addition to the primary SharePoint site), you must copy the master page into the Master Page gallery for each subsite.
To export a dashboard to a SharePoint site
- On the Home tab, click Publish Item to save the dashboard to Monitoring Server.
- On the Edit tab, click SharePoint Site to open the Deploy a Dashboard to a SharePoint Site wizard.
- On the Select Dashboard page, select the dashboard that you want to deploy. If the dashboard is not listed in the Name column, click Refresh to update the list from the server. After you select the dashboard, click Next.
- On the Specify Location page, locate the default SharePoint site address. You can deploy the dashboard to this default URL, or type the full path to a different SharePoint site. If you specify a different URL, Dashboard Designer automatically adds that URL to the Document Library drop-down list.
- In the Document Library list, select the document library that you want to use to store the dashboard, and then click Next.
- On the Select Layout page, use the drop-down list to select the master page that determines the layout for the dashboard when it is deployed.
- Click Finish. A Web browser displays the exported dashboard to verify that you have exported the dashboard to the SharePoint site.
- On the confirmation page, click Close.