An Outbound rule is a business rule in PerformancePiont Planning Business Modeler that exports PerformancePoint Planning Server data to an external application. Each Outbound rule must belong to an Outbound rule set — a collection of Outbound rules. You can only execute an Outbound rule from within an Outbound rule set as part of a scheduled data export job.
What do you want to do?
Create an Outbound rule set
To create an Outbound rule set:
- Click Models in the Workspace Browser pane, and then click the model in which you want to create the rule set.
- When the model opens, click the Business Rules tab. If you do not already have the model checked out, click Check Out in the Model Tasks pane.
- Click Create a new rule set.
- In the Name box, type a name for the new rule set.
- In the Label box, type a unique label for the new rule set.
- (Optional.) In the Description box, type a description for the new rule set.
- From the Type drop-down list, select Outbound.
- Click OK to add a new Outbound rule set to the business rules table.
Top of Page
Create an Outbound rule
To create an Outbound rule:
- Click Models in the Workspace Browser pane.
- Double-click the model that contains the Outbound rule set that will contain the Outbound rule.
- Click the Business Rules tab.
- Click the Outbound rule set that will contain the new rule.
- On the Actions menu, click Create a New Rule, or right-click the rule set, and then click Create a New Rule from the shortcut menu.
- In the Name box, type a name for the new rule. Then, in the Label box, type a label for the new rule.
- (Optional) In the Description field, type a description for the new rule.
- Verify that the Type drop-down and the Implementation drop-down list show Outbound.
- Click OK to add the new Outbound rule object to the business rules table.
You can now create the rule SCOPE. For more information about how to create a SCOPE statement, see Define a SCOPE statement.
Top of Page