In PerformancePiont Planning Business Modeler, a model association defines a mapping relationship between a source model and destination model. An association enables you to selectively copy data and dimensions from one model to another for reuse. For example, you might want to use the same financial data with two different sets of processing rules: to perform consolidation under US accounting practices and under international accounting practices.
Creating a model association
- In the Site Browser pane, select Associations.
- In the Association Tasks pane, click Create an Association.
- In the New Associations dialog box, type a user-friendly name for the new association in the Name box.
- In the Label box, type a unique label for the new association. A Label cannot exceed 40 characters. For more information about restrictions on names and labels, see About names and labels
- (Optional) In the Description box, type a description of the new association.
- In the Aggregation Function drop-down list, specify how you want PerformancePoint Planning Server to aggregate values for this association:
||» Returns a total of the numeric values in a set.
||» Calculates the average of a specified set of numbers.
||» Returns the highest value from a set.
||» Returns the lowest value from a set.
- From the Source Model Site drop-down list, select the source model site. By default, the current model site is selected.
- From the Source Model drop-down list, select the source model.
- From the Destination Model Site drop-down list, select the destination model site.
- From the Destination Model drop-down list, select the destination model.
- Click OK to create the new association, create the association structures, and to display the Association Summary workspace.
- To complete the association, see Create a dimension association.
Top of Page