- In the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), click Mail.
- On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
- On the Manage Alerts tab, click the alert you want to update, and then click Alert Properties.
- In the Alert Properties dialog box, click Modify Alert.
Your browser opens the SharePoint site where the alert is located.
- Update the type of changes that you want to be alerted to, how often you want to receive the alert, or both.
- On the SharePoint site, click OK to save your changes.
- In Microsoft Outlook, close the Alert Properties dialog box.