Do one of the following:
Turn Word on or off as your default e-mail editor for all new messages
- From the main Microsoft Outlook window, on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Mail Format tab.
- Select or clear the Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages check box.
Turn Word on as your e-mail editor for one new message
- On the Actions menu, point to New Mail Message Using, and then click Microsoft Word (message format).
Turn Word on for viewing all Rich Text formatted messages
You may want to set this option if you often receive the message "This message contains formatting that is best viewed with Microsoft Word. Click here to display in Word."
- From the main Microsoft Outlook window, click the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Mail Format tab.
- Select the Use Microsoft Word to read Rich Text e-mail messages box.
Note If Microsoft Word is your e-mail editor, see Word Help for information about working with messages.