|Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003
You can check several things to help resolve being able to send but not receive e-mail messages.
Manually start an Outlook Send/Receive
By default, Outlook does not automatically check for new e-mail messages. You can manually check for new e-mail messages as often as you want by clicking Send/Receive on the Standard toolbar.
Configure Outlook to automatically retrieve new messages
You can set up Outlook to check for new e-mail messages at intervals of one minute to 1,440 minutes (one day).
- On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive, point to Send/Receive Settings, and then click Define Send/Receive Groups.
- Select the group that contains the e-mail account that you want to regularly check for messages.
Note If you have not set up multiple send/receive groups, all of your e-mail accounts are contained in the All Accounts group.
- Under Setting for group "group name", select the Schedule an automatic send/receive every x minutes check box.
- Enter a number from 1 to 1440 in the minutes box.
- Click Close.
- On the Standard toolbar, click Send/Receive.
Note This is the only time you need to click the Send/Receive button.