Every time you type a web address, Outlook creates a hyperlink for you. You can press CTRL+Z right away to remove the link. But you might want to stop Outlook from making automatic links, because removing each one can become a hassle. To get around this, you can turn automatic links off.
- Click Mail.
- Click File > Options > Mail.
- Under Compose messages, click Editor Options.
- Click AutoCorrect Options.
- Click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Uncheck the Internet and network paths with hyperlinks check box.
Now Outlook won’t create hyperlinks automatically for you. If you need to add them yourself, see Insert a link. If you need to remove hyperlinks, see Remove a link from text.