This feature requires you to use a Microsoft Exchange 2003 or later account. Most home and personal accounts do not use Exchange.
If you are not using a virtual private network (VPN) or a connection to your organization's network to connect to your Exchange server, you can connect to your Exchange server through the Internet. Your Exchange server administrator can provide you with the Internet address of the server. To use this address, do the following:
- On the Tools menu, click E-mail accounts, select View or change existing e-mail accounts, click Next, select the Exchange e-mail account, and then click Change.
- Click More Settings, then click the Connection tab.
- Under Exchange over the Internet, select Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP.
- Click Exchange proxy settings.
- Under Connection settings, in the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange box, type the Internet address provided by your Exchange server administrator.