Because Business Contact Manager for Outlook is integrated into Microsoft Outlook, it's easy to send an e-mail message to your customers whose records contain an e-mail address.
- In the Navigation Pane, under Business Contact Manager, click one of the following folders:
- Contact Management.
- Project Management.
Why isn't the Marketing folder listed?
By default, the Marketing folder does not contain Account or Business Contact records. You cannot send an e-mail message to any of the marketing activities because they are not linked to an Account or Business Contact record type. Project task records also are not linked to Accounts or Business Contacts, but Business Project records are.
- Click the tab that contains the records of the customers that you want to send an e-mail message to.
- Click the records that you want to send the message to.
You can select any records that contain, or are linked to records that contain, e-mail addresses, including Accounts, Business Contacts, Leads, Opportunities, and Business Projects.
Note The e-mail message is sent to the linked Account, Business Contact, or Lead.
How do I select more than one record?
To select records that are adjacent to each other, press the SHIFT key, and then click the first and last records of the group that you want to add. To select nonadjacent records, press the CTRL key, and then click the individual records. To select all records, click one, and then press CTRL+A.
- On the Ribbon, in the Communicate group, click E-mail .
For Account record types, or records that are linked to Account record types, you must also click one of the following options because Account record types can contain several e-mail addresses from different sources:
- E-mail Account. Click this option to use the e-mail address of the Account.
- E-mail Primary Contact. Click this option to use the e-mail address of the primary contact. The primary contact is a Business Contact, selected in the Account record.
- E-mail All Contacts. Click this option to use the e-mail address of the Account and all related Business Contacts.
Note Individual records can also contain multiple e-mail addresses. Only the first address in the list is added to the e-mail message. You can add more e-mail addresses from the Outlook address book.
A new e-mail message appears with the selected e-mail addresses listed in the To box.
- Type your e-mail message as you normally would.
For information about how to create an e-mail message, see Create an e-mail message.
Note If the e-mail addresses from the selected records are being automatically tracked, your e-mail message is added to the communication history of the records. For information about how to automatically track e-mail messages, see Link and track e-mail messages in Business Contact Manager.
Tip You can also use mail merge or the mass e-mail marketing activity to send a personalized e-mail message that includes each recipient's name, and the specific products or services that each has purchased or might be interested in. For information about marketing activities, see Market your products and services in Business Contact Manager.