|Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003
When a customer requests a quote for your services, you want to be able to respond quickly. Microsoft® Business Contact Manager for Office Outlook® 2003 makes it simple to send a customer a quote for your services. Add information about your services to the Opportunity records that you create, so that the information is easily accessible when a customer requests a quote.
To send a customer a quote for services, you’ll complete the following tasks:
- Create an Opportunity record.
- Create an Opportunity history report.
- Create a quote.
- Download a price quote template.
- Link a file to the Opportunity record.
Create an Opportunity record
- On the Standard toolbar, click the arrow next to New, and then click Opportunity.
- Fill in the applicable information on the form.
- In the Link to History box on the Business Contact Manager toolbar, select the type of record that you want to link the Opportunity record to.
- Next to the Name list, do one of the following:
- To select a single record, click the arrow.
- To select multiple records, click Record list .
For assistance with filling out the form, click Business Contact Manager Help on the Help menu.
- On the Opportunity form, in the Products section, click Add.
- Add services to the Opportunity record. Apply discounts to the products if applicable.
For assistance with adding products or services, click the Help icon on the Add/Edit Product Entry dialog box.
- Click Save and Close.
After you create an Opportunity record, you can generate an Opportunity History report that contains all your customer information. You can save the report as a Microsoft Word document, and then use a Word template to create a quote for your customer.
Create an Opportunity History report
- On the Business Tools menu, point to Reports, point to Opportunities, and then click Opportunity History.
- On the File menu on the report, click Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, choose where you want to save the file, enter a file name, and then click Save.
You can use the information in this Word document to create your quote.
Create a quote
After you’ve created a report and saved it as a Word document, you can download a price quote template from Microsoft Office Online.
Download a price quote template
- Connect to the Internet.
- Open Word.
- On the Help menu, click Microsoft Word Help.
- In the Search for text box, type price quote.
- In the Help pane, click the name of the template you want to preview or use, and then click Download.
- On the File menu, click Save As.
- In the File name box, type a name for the document, and then click Save.
Copy the applicable customer and product information from the Opportunity History report onto the price quote template. You can print the completed quote to fax to your customer, fax the quote from Word 2003, or send an e-mail message to your customer with the quote document attached.
Remember to link the report and the quote to the Opportunity record for future reference.
Link a file to an Opportunity record
- On the Business Tools menu, click Opportunities.
- Double-click the Opportunity record you want to link a file to.
- Under Opportunity History, click Add, and then click File.
- Open the file that you want to link to the record. The file will appear in the record History log.
For more information about Account or Business Contact record views, see Help in Business Contact Manager..