Do either of the following:
Retrieve an item or folder from the Deleted Items folder
- On the Go menu, click Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the Go menu, click Folder List.), and then in the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), click Deleted Items.
- Select the items you want to retrieve.
- Right-click the selection, and then click Move to Folder on the shortcut menu.
- In the list, click the folder you want to move the items to.
- To quickly retrieve a deleted item, drag the item from the Deleted Items folder to another folder.
- If you retrieve a deleted task that you had assigned to another person, and you were receiving status reports for that task, you will no longer receive status reports for it.
Recover deleted items or folders that were permanently deleted
- On the Go menu, click Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the Go menu, click Folder List.), and then in the Navigation Pane, click Deleted Items.
- On the Tools menu, click Recover Deleted Items.
- In the list, click the item or folder you want to retrieve, and then click the Recover Selected Items icon .
The item is recovered and saved in the Deleted Items folder.
- This feature requires you to use a Microsoft Exchange account. Most home and personal accounts do not use Exchange. In addition, your administrator must have enabled this feature on Microsoft Exchange Server version 5.5 or later.
- Some items or folders may not be recoverable because the length of time that deleted items are stored on the server is set by your administrator. For public folders, expiration dates take precedence over the length of time set by your administrator.
- If you work primarily offline, you need to log on to your mailbox on the server to retrieve deleted items.