The existing color categories (color category: A keyword or phrase with an associated color that helps you keep track of items, such as messages, contacts, and appointments. You can use color categories to easily find, sort, filter, or group items.) have generic names, such as Red Category and Blue Category. To easily identify and organize your categorized items, you can rename the color categories by using names that are meaningful to you.
- On the toolbar, click Categorize .
- Click All Categories.
- In the Name list, click the name of a color category, and then click Rename.
- In the Name list, type the new name for the color category.
- To automatically assign the color category you are renaming to items that are selected in the main Microsoft Outlook window, select the check box next to the color category in the Name list, and then click OK.
- The first time that you assign an existing color category to an item, you are prompted to rename the color category.
Top of Page