In Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, if you don't want to use Favorite Folders (Favorite Folders: A pane located on top of the Navigation Pane that has copies of your Inbox, Sent Items, and so on. You can add, remove, and arrange folders in this pane. Collapse or expand the pane by clicking the arrow in the Favorite Folders header.) or wish to make more space in the main Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), you have the following options to choose from.
Note In versions of Microsoft Outlook earlier than Office Outlook 2007, you cannot remove Favorite Folders from the Navigation Pane. You can however, customize the folder list and reduce the size of the folder list. For more information, see Empty the Favorite Folders pane to save space and Make changes within the Favorite Folders pane. For a view in the Navigation Pane without Favorite Folders, see Keep the Folder List view in the Navigation Pane.
What do you want to do?
Remove folders from the Favorite Folders list
You can remove any or all of the individual folders from the Favorite Folders list to reduce both the length of the list and the size of the pane.
- In Favorite Folders, right-click the folder that you want to remove, and then click Remove from Favorite Folders on the shortcut menu.
- Repeat step 1 for each folder that you want to remove.
- Folders in Favorite Folders must be removed individually.
- Removing the folders from Favorite Folders does not remove them from the All Mail Folders list.
Top of Page
Minimize Favorite Folders
- In the Favorite Folders header, click the arrow .
To expand Favorite Folders, click the arrow again.
You can minimize and expand Favorite Folders as needed, making your folders available when you want them, and keeping them out of the way when you don't.
Top of Page
Turn off Favorite Folders
Turning Favorite Folders on and off does not affect the folders in the list. If you have folders listed in Favorite Folders when you turn the feature off, those folders will be there when you turn it back on again.
- On the View menu, point to Navigation Pane, and click Favorite Folders to uncheck it.
Click Favorite Folders again to turn the feature back on.
Top of Page