|Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003
Microsoft Outlook® 2000 and 2002
With Outlook, you can easily track appointments, meetings, and events. Over time, all of your calendar items may start to add up to a significant amount of items and occupy a considerable amount of space in your data file. You can reduce the number of items saved in either one of two ways — archiving or deleting.
Archiving deletes items from your data file but first makes a backup of the items in another Outlook data file. You can configure Outlook to automatically run AutoArchive at specified intervals, or you can manually archive items.
Deleting removes items from your data file without making a backup.
Archive your calendar items
- On the File menu, click Archive.
- Click Archive this folder and all subfolders.
If you created other calendars below the default calendar, this setting will archive items from all calendars.
- In the folder list, select the Calendar folder.
- In the Archive items older than list, select the date you want. To archive everything, select a date in the future.
- Select the Include items with "Do not AutoArchive" checked check box.
Selecting this check box will archive everything, including items you have marked as an exception to AutoArchiving.
- You can accept the file location where the archive file is saved or browse to a different folder and provide the file name of your choice.
Note We recommend that you make a note of this location so you can easily find it later, if needed.
- Click OK.
The archive will begin. On the Outlook status bar, you will see the menu Archiving. When you click Archiving, you have the option of cancelling the archive in progress. Any items already archived up to that point will remain in the archive file.
All items in the selected folder and items in any subfolder are included in the archive.
for calendar items.
Select a date in the future to archive all items.
When you select the Include items with "Do not AutoArchive" checked
check box, all items are archived regardless without exception.
Location f file name of the archive file.
Delete all items on your calendar
If you want to remove all calendar items and not perform an archive backup, you can do the following:
Warning The following steps will delete all items in your calendar, including holidays that are automatically added to the calendar. You can re-add or remove holidays deleted during these steps, but your other items will be unrecoverable.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Calendar.
- On the View menu, point to Arrange By, point to Current View, and then click By Category.
- Click Categories: (none), and then press CTRL+A.
All items in the list should now be selected.
- Press DELETE.