- In the message list, select, but do not open, the message or messages that you want to print.
- On the File menu, click Print.
Message with attachment.
Tips on how to select multiple messages
- To select adjacent items (item: An item is the basic element that holds information in Outlook (similar to a file in other programs). Items include e-mail messages, appointments, contacts, tasks, journal entries, notes, posted items, and documents.), click the first item, and then hold down SHIFT and click the last item.
- To select nonadjacent items, click the first item, and then hold down CTRL and click additional items.
- To select all items, click the Edit menu, and then click Select All.
Note It may be easier to select specific items if you change the view (view: Views give you different ways to look at the same information in a folder by putting it in different arrangements and formats. There are standard views for each folder. You can also create custom views.) for items. For example, if you want to select all messages that have the same subject, go to the folder that contains the messages. On the View menu, point to Arrange By, and then click Conversation. Select the messages that you want from the view.
- To print attachments, select the Print attached files check box.
I don't see the "Print attached files" check box
If you don’t see the Print attached files check box, you might have clicked Print on the File menu of a message that is open. Close the message, and with the message still selected in the message list, click Print on the File menu.
- Attachments will be printed only to the default printer. For example, if you set printer A as the default, and you open a message with an attachment and choose to print the message to printer B, the message will be sent to printer B, but the attachment will be sent to printer A.
- When you print an HTML e-mail message that contains one or more attachments, the names of the attachments won't appear on the Attachments line unless you have updated to Microsoft Office 2003 Service Pack 1. To get the latest update for Microsoft Office, go to Downloads on Office Online. Under Office Update, click Check for Updates.