What do you want to do?
Change the number of days displayed
The Day, Week, Month buttons allow you to choose the number of days that are displayed in the Calendar.
The Day view shows one day at a time. To move to the next day or previous day, you can use the back and forward navigation buttons .
The Week view has three display choices. The Show Work Week view displays the days that you select in the Calendar Options dialog box. This view is selected by default. To customize the days that are part of your work week, do the following:
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Under Calendar, click Calendar Options.
- In the Calendar Options dialog box, under Calendar work week, select or clear the check boxes for the days that you want to be displayed.
The second display choice in the Week view displays the full seven-day week. You can switch between the customized work week view and the full week view by selecting the appropriate option next to the Day, Week, and Month buttons.
The third display choice in the Week view displays one to 10 days at a time. For an eight-day week view, click the calendar grid, and then press ALT+8. For a custom week view that displays one to 10 days, press ALT and any number between 0 and 9.
The Month view includes three options for the amount of detail that you can display in the calendar grid:
- Low This option displays only events in the Calendar. Events are items that are scheduled to last all day and do not have a specific start time or end time.
- Medium This option displays events and appointments. Appointments are represented with a solid bar within the calendar cell relative to the time of day that they are scheduled. A thin horizontal line extends through 12 noon in the cell for each day.
- High This option displays events and appointments. Appointments are listed with their start time, subject, and location.
Note Depending on the width of your appointment window, you might not see all three types of information with the High option selected.
Top of Page
Jump to a date
Use the date navigator to move to a new date by clicking a date on the calendar.
You can also press CTRL+G to open the Go To Date dialog box.
Top of Page
Move to the next or previous appointment
If your current calendar view contains no appointments, one or both appointment navigation buttons appear on the edges of the calendar. When you click either of these buttons, the calendar view changes to the next or previous appointment.
Note If there is no next or previous appointment, the calendar navigation buttons are not available.
Top of Page