You can link an Outlook item or another Microsoft Office* file to one or more records (record: A completed Account, Business Contact, or Opportunity form. The record contains Account, Business Contact, or Opportunity information, plus the other records and items that are linked to it.) in Business Contact Manager for Outlook.
Link an item in Outlook to a Business Contact Manager for Outlook record
- Select an e-mail message or task, and on the Business Contact Manager toolbar, click Link to Record.
Note Journal items cannot be linked to Business Contact Manager records.
Link a file to a Business Contact Manager for Outlook record from Excel*, PowerPoint* or Word*
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and point to Business Contact Manager.
- Click Link to Record.
Link a publication to a Business Contact Manager for Outlook record from Publisher*
- On the Business Contact Manager toolbar, click Link to a Record.
When you click Link to Record or Link to a Record, the Link to a Business Contact Manager record dialog box opens.
Use the Link to a Business Contact Manager record dialog box
To locate a specific record, type a name in the Search box.
Select one or more records in the list, and then click Link To.
Click this button to create a new record to link to. The new record that opens is of the same record type selected in the Folder list.
Click this button to open the record selected in the list.
Tip To unlink (unlink: To delete a communication history item from a record, or disconnect a record from another record. If a link is required, such as the link from a Business Project to an Account or Business Contact record type, users can unlink one record from another by selecting a different record to link.) an item or file in a list, select the record that you want to remove, and click the Delete button.
- Click the Microsoft Office Button , and then click the Program Name Options button.
- In the Options dialog box, click Add-Ins.
- Select Business Contact Manager for Outlook, and then, in the Manage dialog box, select COM Add-Ins, and click Go.
- In the Com Add-Ins dialog box, select Business Contact Manager for Outlook, and then click OK. Start the Office* program and confirm that the Business Contact Manager for Outlook items are now present on the menu.
*The stand-alone edition of Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager can be used with the 2007 or 2003 versions of Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word. Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 menu items are not available in Office 2003 programs.