|Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003
If you want your e-mail messages to be eye-catching, try some scrolling text. You can use the following steps to make text scroll in your messages, as long as the recipient is using a compatible e-mail application.
A word of caution...Use your best judgment when inserting flashing elements such as sound, video, and scrolling text. The idea here is to be eye-catching, not excessively gaudy.
- Make sure you are using Microsoft Office Word as your your e-mail editor.
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- On the Mail Format tab, under Message Format, in theCompose in this message format list, click HTML.
- Select the Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages check box.
Note You must use the same version of Word and Outlook. For example, you cannot use Microsoft Word 2002 with Outlook 2003.
- Create a new message.
- In the message window, on the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Web Tools.
- On the Web Tools toolbar, click Scrolling Text .
Note If the Scrolling Text icon is unavailable, click in the message body to make the icons on the Web Tools toolbar available.
- In the Scrolling Text dialog box, click Behavior, and then select one of the following:
- Scroll Your text will gradually appear on one side of the message body window, move toward the opposite side, and then disappear.
- Slide Your text will gradually appear on one side of the message body window, move toward the opposite side, and then stop.
- Alternate Your text will gradually appear on one side of the message body window, move toward the opposite side, move back toward the original starting point, and then stop.
- In the Background color box, click the color that appears behind the scrolling text.
- In the Direction box, click the direction for the initial motion of the scroll.
Note You cannot select a direction when Behavior is set to Alternate.
- Under Loop, choose the number of times you want the scrolling text to repeat when the message is opened. For continuous playback, click Infinite.
- Use the Speed slider to control the speed of the scroll movement.
- In the Type the scrolling text here box, type the text you want to appear.
- After you are satisfied with the results in the Preview box, click OK.
Your text will not scroll while you are composing your e-mail message.
- Compose your message as you usually do.