Do one of the following:
Attach a file
- Create or open the item in which you want to insert a file attachment. For messages, you must be creating a new message to insert an attachment.
- Click in the body of the item, and then click Insert File .
- Select the file that you want to attach, and then click Insert.
- In a new message, click Send, and in any other type of item, click Save and Close.
Attach a message
- In the new message you are composing, click anywhere in the message.
- If Microsoft Word is your e-mail editor, click the down arrow next to the paper clip icon , and then click Insert Item. Otherwise, on the Insert menu, click Item.
- Select the message or other Outlook item that you want to attach, and then click OK.
- In a new message, click Send. In any other type of item, click Save and Close.
Note If your message format is HTML or Plain Text, the attachment will appear in the Attach line below the Subject line. If your message format is Rich Text, the attachment will appear in body of the message.