If you use Outlook on more than one computer, you can move Outlook messages, contacts, calendar items, tasks, and notes from one computer to another with the Import and Export Wizard. It's also great for restoring a backup of your Outlook items.
- Click File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
This starts the Import and Export Wizard.
- Choose Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Browse to the .pst file you want to import.
- Under Options, choose how you want to deal with duplicates
- Click Next.
- If a password was assigned to the Outlook Data File (.pst), enter the password, and then click OK.
- Set the options for importing items. The default settings usually don’t need to be changed.
- Click Finish.
Tip If you want to import or restore only a few items from an Outlook Data File (.pst), you can open the Outlook Data File, and then, in the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), click and drag the items from Outlook Data File folders to your existing Outlook folders.
More about working with data files
Introduction to Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost)
Open Outlook Data Files (.pst)
Change an Outlook Data File name in the Folder Pane
Change the data file where content is saved
Export items to an Outlook Data File (.pst)
Repair Outlook Data Files (.pst and .ost)
Import contacts into an Outlook.com account