A Windows Live ID is required in order to send and receive text messages through SMS Link.
To check if your Windows Live ID is working, try the following:
- From your browser, visit the Microsoft Passport website .
- Click the Sign In button at the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Enter your e-mail address in the E-mail address textbox
- Enter your password in the Password textbox
- Click the Sign In button.
If you successfully logged into the Microsoft Passport website, your Windows Live ID is working.
If you were not able to log into the Microsoft Passport website, follow the instructions on the web page for help signing in. You may also choose to sign up for a new Windows Live ID from this page.