In Contacts, do one of the following:
- In the Search Contacts box, type the name or other contact information.
Keyboard shortcut To search for a contact, in Contacts, press CTRL+E.
You can search on complete or partial information. For example, you can enter a part of a business name or a phone number.
You also can search for contacts from any folder in Outlook. Do the following:
- On the Home tab, in the Find group, in the Find a Contact box, type the name of the contact.
You can enter a partial name, such as Judy L, a first or last name, an e-mail address, a display name, or a company name.
Refine your Contacts search
When you click the Search Contacts box, the Search Tools tab appears. The search commands enable you to refine your search to help you find a contact.
- Scope Change which Outlook folders are included in your search.
- Refine Search items based upon categorization, or only entries with phone numbers, addresses, or contacts fields that you choose.
- Options Review and reuse previous searches or change advanced search options.
Top of Page