|Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003
Microsoft Outlook® 2002
You can export your Outlook Contacts as a Comma Separated Values (.csv) file and then import your contacts into your Gmail account.
Export Outlook Contacts
- In Outlook, on the File menu, click Import and Export.
- Click Export to a file, and then click Next.
- Click Comma Separated Values (Windows), and then click Next.
- In the folder list, click the Contacts folder, and then click Next.
- Browse to the folder where you want to save the contacts as a .csv file.
- Type a name for the exported file, and then click OK.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Import Contacts into Google Gmail
- Log on to Gmail, and then click Contacts at the top of the page.
The Contacts list opens in a new window.
- Click Import Contacts.
- Click Browse, and then navigate to the .csv file that you created in the "Export Outlook Contacts" section of this article.
- Select the file, and then click Import Contacts.
After your contacts are imported, a dialog box appears and displays the total number of contacts imported.
- Outlook Contacts without an e-mail address are not imported.
- Outlook distribution lists are not imported. Gmail does not support distribution lists.
- If an Outlook Contact that matches an existing Gmail contact is imported, your Outlook Contact information replaces the Gmail contact.