When you export your Outlook calendar to Google Calendar, you’re exporting a snapshot of the calendar. Any changes you make to your Outlook calendar won’t automatically be reflected in Google Calendar.
Export the calendar from Outlook
- In Outlook, in Calendar, select the calendar you want to export.
- Click File > Save Calendar.
- Use the default name or type a name for the iCalendar file in the File name box.
You’ll see a summary showing the calendar name, date range, and detail level next to More Options. If you’re satisfied with the summary, jump to step 7, otherwise continue with step 4.
- Click More Options.
- Click the Date Range arrow, and choose the amount of calendar data you want to include in the iCalendar file or click Specify dates to enter a custom date range.
Tip If you choose a large date range or select Whole calendar, you might create a large iCalendar file, which can take a while to generate.
- Click the Detail arrow and, choose the amount of detail you want to show.
- Click OK, and then click Save.
If your calendar is empty, you’ll see a message giving you the option to cancel saving the iCalendar file.
Import the calendar into Google Calendar
- Log onto your Google Calendar account.
- At the top of the page, click Settings > Settings.
- Under Calendar Settings, click Calendars.
- Under Tasks, click Import Calendar.
- Next to File, click Browse, choose the file that you created, and then click Open.
- Next to Calendar, select the Google Calendar in which you want to import the Outlook calendar data.
- Click Import.
- Click Close, and then click Back to calendar to return to the Google Calendar.