This feature requires you to use a Microsoft Exchange account. Most home and personal accounts do not use Exchange.
- On the Tools menu, click E-mail accounts, select View or change existing e-mail accounts, click Next, select the Exchange e-mail account, and then click Change.
- Click More Settings, then click the Security tab.
- Under Encryption, select the Encrypt data between Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server check box.
- Encryption may help provide increased security against unauthorized viewing of your data.
- The information is encoded only during transmission.