- In the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), click Mail.
- On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
- If you have more than one e-mail account, in the Apply changes to this folder list, select the Inbox that you want.
- Click Options.
- Click Export Rules.
- In the File name box, type the path and file name for the set of rules that you want to export.
- If you want to export a file that contains only rules that are compatible with a previous version of Microsoft Outlook, in the Save as type list, select one of the following:
- Outlook 2002 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Outlook 2000 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Outlook 98 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
Note When you export rules, they are saved in a file with an .rwz extension.