|Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003
To back up the Contacts folder, you need to export the folder to a file in Personal Folders file (.pst) (Personal Folders file (.pst): Data file that stores your messages and other items on your computer. You can assign a .pst file to be the default delivery location for e-mail messages. You can use a .pst to organize and back up items for safekeeping.) format.
- On the File menu, click Import and Export.
- Click Export to a file, and then click Next.
- In the Create a file of type list, click Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next.
- In the Select a folder to export from list, click Contacts.
- If you have subfolders below the Contacts folder that you want to include, select the Include subfolders check box.
- Click Next.
- Click Browse, choose a location for the file, such as My Documents, and then type a name for your backup file, such as ContactsBackup.pst.
- Click OK.
- Click Finish.
- In the Name box, type My Contacts Backup.
- Type the encryption and password settings if you need them, and then click OK.