When a new item arrives in your mailbox, an audio alert can be used. You can change this short .wav audio file to any valid .wav file.
- Quit Microsoft Outlook.
- Do one of the following:
Microsoft Windows XP or Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- In Control Panel, click Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices, and then click Sounds and Audio Devices.
Note If you are using Classic view in Control Panel, double-click Sounds and Audio Devices.
- Click the Sounds tab.
- Under Program Events, under Windows, select New Mail Notification.
Microsoft Windows 2000
- In Control Panel, double-click Sounds and Multimedia.
- On the Sounds tab, under Sound Events, under Windows, select New Mail Notification.
- Click Browse, and then select a new .wav audio file.
- Click OK.
Note The audio file can be located anywhere on your hard disk or network share that you always have access to. If you move the audio file or if the file is not accessible for any reason, the sound will not play.
- Restart Outlook.