You can set the level of importance for messages so that e-mail recipients can see the indicators in their Inboxes before they open the item. Setting the level of importance also enables the e-mail recipients to sort messages by importance. Find out more about sorting items in your Inbox.
Change the importance level for a message
- To mark a message as high or low importance, open a message.
- On the toolbar, click Importance: High or Importance: Low .
Change the importance level for all messages
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Under E-mail, click E-mail Options.
- In the E-mail Options dialog box, click Advanced E-mail Options.
- Under When sending a message, in the Set importance list, click High or Low.