|Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003,
Microsoft Outlook® 2002
Do your e-mail recipients see only part of your name, for example only your first name, but you want them to see your full name?
When you first set up your e-mail account, you might have not typed your full name. You can easily correct this in the E-mail Account configuration.
- On the Tools menu, click E-mail Accounts.
- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
- Select your Internet service provider (ISP) (ISP: A business that provides access to the Internet for such things as electronic mail, chat rooms, or use of the World Wide Web. Some ISPs are multinational, offering access in many locations, while others are limited to a specific region.) account, and then click Change.
- Under User Information, in the Your Name box, type your name the way that you want other people to see your name.
- Click Next, and then click Finish.
Note If you are using a Microsoft Exchange Server, these steps are not available. Your Exchange administrator must change your display name.