Only the owner of a task (task: A personal or work-related duty or errand that you want to track through completion.) can change the task into a recurring (recurring: Items that occur repeatedly. For example, an appointment or task that occurs on a regular basis, such as a weekly status meeting or a monthly haircut, can be designated as recurring.) task.
- Open the task you want to change to a recurring task.
- On the Actions menu, click Recurrence.
- Click the frequency (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly) at which you want the task to recur.
- To specify when the task repeats, do one of the following:
Repeat the task at regular intervals
Select any of the options on the right side of the Recurrence pattern group box, except Regenerate new task.
Repeat the task based on the date it is marked complete
Click Regenerate new task, and then type a time interval in the box.
- Select start and end dates.
Note Recurring tasks appear one at a time in the task list (task list: A list of tasks that appears in the Tasks folder and in the TaskPad in Calendar.). When you mark one occurrence of the task complete, the next occurrence appears in the list.