- In the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), click Mail.
- On the Tools menu, click Rules and Alerts.
- If you have more than one e-mail account, in the Apply changes to this folder list, click the Inbox you want.
- In the list of rules, click the rule (rule: One or more automatic actions taken on e-mail messages and meeting requests that meet certain conditions, along with any exceptions to those conditions. Rules are also referred to as filters.) you want to modify.
- Do one of the following:
Change a condition, action, or exception
- Click Change Rule, and then click Edit Rule Settings.
Note If you want to add or change an action listed on the drop-down menu, select the action on the menu.
- Follow the rest of the instructions in the Rules wizard.
Rename the rule
- Click Change Rule, and then click Rename Rule.
- In the New name of rule box, type a name.