Important notice for users of Office 2003 To continue receiving security updates for Office, make sure you're running Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3). The support for Office 2003 ends April 8, 2014. If you’re running Office 2003 after support ends, to receive all important security updates for Office, you need to upgrade to a later version such as Office 365 or Office 2013. For more information, see Support is ending for Office 2003.
Some of the content in this topic may not be applicable to some languages.
This feature requires you to use a Microsoft Exchange account. Most home and personal accounts do not use Exchange.
- In Mail, on the Tools menu, click Out of Office Assistant.
I don't see the Out of Office Assistant command
The Out of Office Assistant command does not appear unless you are using an Exchange Server e-mail account and you are in the Mail view.
- Click I am currently Out of the Office.
- In the AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text box, type the message that you want to send to others while you are out.
- If you want, create rules (rule: One or more automatic actions taken on e-mail messages and meeting requests that meet certain conditions, along with any exceptions to those conditions. Rules are also referred to as filters.) to manage your incoming mail.
- On the Tools menu, click Out of Office Assistant.
Note The Out of Office Assistant command does not appear unless you are using an Exchange Server e-mail account.
- Click Add Rule.
- Under When a message arrives that meets the following conditions, specify the conditions of the rule that the message must meet for the action to occur.
- To specify more conditions, click Advanced, select the options that you want, and then click OK.
- To specify that this rule must be the last one applied, select the Do not process subsequent rules check box.
- Under Perform these actions, select the options that you want. You can select more than one option.
Note If you specify that a message must be deleted, rules that follow the delete rule in the list of rules in the Out of Office Assistant dialog box do not affect the message.