Do one of the following:
Assign a task for the first time
- To create a new task (task: A personal or work-related duty or errand that you want to track through completion.), on the File menu, point to New, and then click Task Request. To assign an existing task, in the task list (task list: A list of tasks that appears in the Tasks folder and in the TaskPad in Calendar.), open the task you want to assign, and click Assign Task.
- In the To box (To, Cc, and Bcc boxes: A message is sent to the recipients in the To box. Recipients in the Cc (carbon copy) and Bcc (blind carbon copy) boxes also get the message; however, the names of the recipients in the Bcc box aren't visible to other recipients.), enter the name of the person you want to assign the task to. To select the name from a list, click the To button.
- For a new task, in the Subject box, type a task name. (In an existing task, the Subject box is already filled in.)
- Select the due date and status options you want.
- Select or clear the Keep an updated copy of this task on my task list check box and the Send me a status report when this task is complete check box.
- If you want the task to repeat, click the Actions menu, click Recurrence, select the options you want, and then click OK.
- In the body of the task, type instructions or information about the task.
- Click Send .
Note If you assign a recurring (recurring: Items that occur repeatedly. For example, an appointment or task that occurs on a regular basis, such as a weekly status meeting or a monthly haircut, can be designated as recurring.) task, a copy of the task will remain in your task list, but it won't be updated. If you selected the Send me a status report when this task is complete check box, you will receive a status report for each completed occurrence of the task.
Reassign a task after the recipient declines your request
Reassign a task that someone assigned to you