This feature requires you to use a Microsoft Exchange account. Most home and personal accounts do not use Exchange.
If you are a delegate (delegate: Someone granted permission to open another person's folders, create items, and respond to requests for that person. The person granting delegate permission determines the folders the delegate can access and the changes the delegate can make.) and routinely respond to e-mail for someone else, you may want to add their mailbox (mailbox: Location in Microsoft Exchange Server where your email is delivered. An administrator sets up a mailbox for each user.) to your account for quick access. You must have been granted at least reviewer permission to open their mailbox and see it in your Folder List.
- On the Tools menu, click E-Mail Accounts.
- Click View or change existing e-mail accounts, and then click Next.
- In the list, click the Exchange account type, and then click Change.
- Click More Settings, and then click the Advanced tab.
- Click Add, and then type the mailbox name of the person whose mailbox you want to add to your user profile (Outlook profile: A profile contains configuration information for email accounts, data files, and information about where your email items are saved.). If you do not know the mailbox name of the person, contact your administrator.