When you add a folder to Favorite Folders in the Mail pane, in the Navigation Pane (Navigation Pane: The column on the left side of the Outlook window that includes panes such as Shortcuts or Mail and the shortcuts or folders within each pane. Click a folder to show the items in the folder.), the folder stays in its original location, and Favorite Folders provides quick and easy access to the folder. Only mail folders can be added to Favorite Folders.
- Right-click the folder you want to add, and then on the shortcut menu (shortcut menu: A menu that shows a list of commands relevant to a particular item. To display a shortcut menu, right-click an item or press SHIFT+F10.), click Add to Favorite Folders.
- Repeat this for each folder that you want to add. Folders must be added individually to Favorite Folders.
- If you are in the Mail pane, you can quickly add a folder to Favorite Folders by clicking the folder you want to add, and then dragging it to Favorite Folders.
- You can rearrange the list of folders in Favorite Folders by right-clicking the folder and then on the shortcut menu, clicking Move Up in List or Move Down in List. Favorite Folders is a list of folders and it is not possible to have a folder be a subfolder of another folder.
- To add a public folder to Favorite Folders, you must first add the folder to the Favorites folder under Public Folders, and then follow step 1 above.
- Favorite Folders is available only in the Mail pane. Favorite Folders cannot be removed, hidden, or resized. It is not possible to display Favorite Folders in other panes, such as Folder List.
- To see all your folders, not just mail folders, click the Folder List button to switch to the Folder List pane. If you always want to see all your folders, and not just your mail folders, change the button into a large button and then either move it above the Mail button or remove the Mail button from the Navigation Pane.
- If you delete a Search Folder (Search Folders: Virtual folders that contain views of all e-mail items matching specific search criteria. The items remain stored in one or more Outlook folders.), such as Unread Mail or For Follow Up, from Favorite Folders, you must manually recreate it.