You digitally sign a file or a macro project by using a digital certificate (certificate: A digital means of proving your identity. When you send a digitally signed message you are sending your certificate and public key. Certificates are issued by a certification authority, and like a driver's license, can expire or be revoked.).
- Open the file that contains the macro project you want to sign.
- On the Tools menu, point to Macro, and then click Visual Basic Editor.
- In the Project list, click the project you want to sign.
- On the Tools menu, click Digital Signature.
- Do one of the following:
- If you haven't previously selected a digital certificate or you want to use another one, click Choose, select the certificate, and then click OK twice.
- To use the current certificate, click OK.