The OneNote Setup Tool for Teachers is an App for SharePoint Online that helps you set up OneNote in your class. This tool will create a class notebook, which includes three types of sub-notebooks:
- Student Notebooks – private notebooks that are shared between each teacher and their individual students. Teachers can access these notebooks at any time, but students cannot see other students’ notebooks.
- Content Library – a notebook for teachers to share course materials with students.
- Collaboration Space – a notebook for all students and the teacher in the class to share, organize, and collaborate.
Learn how OneNote notebooks can transform learning in your class.
What you’ll need:
- SharePoint Online is set up for your school as part of an Office 365 subscription.
- Organizational account with Tenant Administrator privileges to install the OneNote Setup Tool for Teachers for all the teachers in your school.
- Organizational accounts for each student and teacher to access your SharePoint sites that are part of your organization’s Office 365 subscription.
- Teachers’ Organizational accounts have Full Control permissions to the appropriate SharePoint sites, in order to create the class notebooks using the OneNote Setup Tool for Teachers App.
- Internet Explorer 10 or Internet Explorer 11 to use the OneNote Setup Tool for Teachers app. Other modern browsers should also work.
This guide will help you install the OneNote Setup Tool for Teachers app, so teachers in your school can use OneNote with their SharePoint Team Sites. Follow the steps below to install the App from the SharePoint Store.
Add the App for all SharePoint sites in your school
Required Organizational account permission: Tenant Administrator
- Open Internet Explorer 10 or 11, and go to your school’s Office 365 SharePoint site.
- Click Admin in the upper right, then click SharePoint.
- Click apps on the left.
- Click App Catalog, then click Site Contents on the left side of the page.
- Click add an app, then on the left, click SharePoint Store.
- In the upper right, search for “OneNote Setup Tool for Teachers”.
- When you find OneNote Setup Tool for Teachers, click Add It.
- Sign in with a Microsoft account, then click Continue.
- Keep Add this App to App catalog checked, then click Return to site.
- Click Trust It.
- Locate OneNote Setup Tool for Teachers, then hover over that item and click > DEPLOYMENT.
- Under Available managed paths, select (All Paths) > Add > OK.
Note This is a simple way to make the App available to all SharePoint paths at once. You may customize this differently if you prefer.
- Click Trust It to give OneNote Setup Tool for Teachers the appropriate permissions to setup notebooks on your school SharePoint Online sites.
Now that you have the OneNote Setup Tool for Teachers app ready for teachers in your school to set up their class notebooks we wanted to leave you with this resource to pass onto them.
Learn how your teachers can get started with the OneNote Setup Tool for Teachers once it’s installed.
Please send any questions for feedback about OneNote Setup Tool for Teachers to OneNoteEDU@microsoft.com – we'd love to hear from you.