You can use OneNote with Outlook 2013 and Lync 2013 to make it easier to associate your notes with their scheduled events.
Take notes in a scheduled Outlook meeting
- In Outlook 2013, open the meeting for which you want to take notes.
- Click Meeting > Meeting Notes.
- In the Meeting Notes dialog box, do one of the following:
- To share your meeting notes with others, click Share notes with the meeting.
- To take notes for yourself only, click Take notes on your own.
- In the Select Location in OneNote dialog box, choose a section for the new notes and click OK.
The page OneNote now creates is linked to your Outlook appointment, so you can always keep the meeting details and your notes from the meeting together in one place.
Take notes in a Lync-based online meeting
- In Lync 2013, send an instant message, start an audio or video call, or click Meet Now on the Options drop-down to initiate an online meeting with someone.
- When the meeting window appears, click the Share content and lead meeting activities icon (it looks like a computer monitor).
- Click the OneNote tab in the window that appears and click My Notes.
OneNote will create a new notes page for the meeting.
- In the Select Location in OneNote dialog box, choose a section for the new notes page and click OK.
- The new page is now linked to your Lync conversation, so you and the other participants can contribute notes in real-time.
Top of Page