If your organization uses SharePoint, you can use it to store your OneNote notebooks in a central place for your whole team. Whenever you or someone you work with changes the content in a notebook, OneNote automatically saves and syncs the notes on SharePoint.
Important You and your teammates need read/write permission on your SharePoint site. Contact your system administrator if you don't have those permissions.
When you have permissions, do the following:
- In OneNote 2013, click File > New > SharePoint.
- On the right side, under SharePoint, click Browse.
- Go to the document library on our SharePoint site where you want to store your team notebook.
- Type a meaningful, descriptive name into the Notebook Name box and then click Create.
After you create the notebook, you can email teammates and colleagues a link to the notebook. Anyone with write permissions on the SharePoint site will also be able to view and edit the notes.
If you’d like to be notified whenever someone updates the notes on SharePoint, do the following:
- In your browser, go to the document library that has your notebook.
- Next to the notebook folder, click the arrow to open the dropdown menu, and then click Alert Me.
- In the New Alert dialog box, choose the notification option that works best for you and your team. For example, you can choose daily alerts if you don’t want to disrupt your teammates with too many change notifications.
Top of Page