When you delete individual sections from your notebook, or folders that contain sections, the deleted sections (.one files) are sent to the Recycle Bin on your computer. When you delete individual pages and subpages from your notebook, they are moved to the Deleted Pages folder in Microsoft Office OneNote 2003, where they are organized by the sections from which they were deleted.
Note Some of the features or functionality described in this topic are available only if you have installed Microsoft Office OneNote 2003 Service Pack 1. To learn more about the service pack and how to download it, see Service pack features in OneNote 2003.
Do any of the following:
Recover a deleted section
- In the Recycle Bin on your computer, right-click the section file you want to recover, and then click Restore on the shortcut menu.
The section is restored to its original folder in your OneNote notebook.
Note If the Recycle Bin is unable to store items—for example, its maximum storage size is set to 0 percent—you will not be able to restore items from it.
Recover a deleted page or subpage
- To the left of the section tabs, click Folder Name, where Folder Name is the name of the parent folder, and then click Deleted Pages.
- Click the tab of the section that contains the page you want to recover.
- Right-click the tab of the page you want to recover, and then click Restore on the shortcut menu.
The page is restored to its original section.
Recover content deleted from a page
- On the Edit menu, click Undo Delete.
Note When you use the Undo Delete command, the content deletion you want to reverse must be the last action you took.